Data Scientist at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our Data Science team. As a member of the analytics team, you will work on cross-functional teams to perform statistical and quantitative analyses of user data, and help integrate insights into our product. We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
Your day-to-day activities will include (but not be limited to):
- Deep dives in large-scale data to identify key insights for internal stakeholders
- A/B testing and causal modeling
- Defining how best to measure and monitor Talkspace products and features
- Effectively translating business questions into data experiments
About This Role
- Perform data analysis to make business recommendations (e.g. user journey and client lifecycle, impact analysis, and operations/financial forecasting)
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to complete full-stack data science analysis, including: designing experiments or observational analyses; data aggregation using SQL or other database tools; qualitative and quantitative analysis, including identifying potential discrepancies; creating new data warehousing (if necessary); and presenting insights to both the data science team and internal company stakeholders
- Build and automate reports, as well as iteratively develop and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale
- Think critically, test hypotheses, and leverage data to test and iterate on new product features and business strategies
- Quickly become an expert in multiple facets of the business, including marketing, product, and operations
- BA/BS and/or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, and/or data science
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, analysis, and statistical modeling
- Proficiency in Python/R, SQL, git and common data science and machine learning libraries (pandas, sklearn, etc.)
- Experience measuring customer engagement outcomes in technical products
- Passionate about improving customer experience by refining product through testing and optimization
- Proven ability to clarify ambiguity, balance multiple priorities, and complete high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Experience distilling complex analyses into simplified insights and communicating those insights to non-data-scientist stakeholders
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.