Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As our Director of Data, you will use data to help provide better care to patients and build a better health care experience You will lead and grow the Data Science, Data Engineering, and Business Intelligence teams. Your focus is on helping Zocdoc make great product and business decisions, bettering our product and improving the lives of millions of patients. Your ability to communicate stories derived from data to technical teams and executives will help us drive better business decisions.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about data and how it can tell an intricate story
- A product-driven macro-thinker
- A leader who enjoys inspiring and influencing their team to be the best they can be
- Excited about using data to make strategic business decisions
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
Your day to day is…
- Leading, managing, and growing the Data Science, Data Engineering, and Business Intelligence teams at Zocdoc
- The Data Science team uses machine learning to power product and business decisions
- The Data Engineering team maintains our Data Warehouse and builds the software that provides orchestration for ETL jobs that feed our data warehouse
- The BI team is responsible for data governance, reporting infrastructure, and product analytics
- Working with data, product, engineering, finance, marketing, and business operations leadership to drive an actionable roadmap for each team
- Reporting to the CTO and will be involved in developing product roadmaps, ensuring data is driving our key business decisions
- Ensuring data best practices and playing a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout the entire organization
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Direct experience managing Data Engineering, Data Science, and Analyst/Business Intelligence Teams
- A background in one key discipline, preferably Data Engineering
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Spark, Apache Airflow, etc
- Familiarity with relational modeling, database applications and integrations, ETL tools, client/server solutions, and modern query languages preferred
- Experience with industry standard Reporting tools: Looker, Tableau, etc
- Competitive PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.