Editorial Research Associate, Axios Pro at Axios (Remote)
Quick take: Axios is a company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Research Associate to join our Axios Pro Deals team to support the creation and ongoing development of products and services to serve Axios Pro Deals subscribers.
Why it matters: The Research Associate will play a critical role by partnering with the Pro journalists to build a new backbone for the product, gathering new information while also reviewing and updating older deal data to create unique, editorial-led features to our customers inspired by our best-in-class Axios Pro content covering the professional world of dealmaking.
Go deeper: The Research Associate will be responsible for:
- Partnering with Pro editors and reporters to source and write new deal information
- Reviewing published data for accurate tagging and searchability
- Working with cross-functional teams, particularly Marketing & Sales, to drive the development of subscriber-centered content and professional services for Axios Pro Deals
- Developing a deep understanding of subscriber needs in the Deals industry and translating them into new ideas and features for experimentation
- Collaborate with Senior Editor and other team members to develop templates and automated products to serve subscriber needs
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Proficiency with Excel, data analytics tools
- Passion for or interest in the dealmaking and financial services industry
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Customer-centric mindset with strong commercial instincts
- Ability to work with stakeholders from various disciplines including design, sales, editorial, and product on the process for product development
- Strong communication skills, including writing and editing; ability to represent Axios to external contacts
- Desire to grow and learn with an evolving team and business line
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Salary Range: Base salary for this role is in the range of $50,000-$80,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.