Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Data Engineering team at Affirm is responsible for all things data — data warehouse, data visualization tools, batch compute infrastructure, data analytics and so on. We leverage existing open source technologies like Spark, Airflow, Luigi, Superset and also build our own. Data Infra, Analytics Infra and Batch Compute are the three teams within Data Engineering.
Batch Compute Infrastructure develops infrastructure that enables reliable, resilient and usable batch jobs execution framework and automated tools for managing batch jobs. This infrastructure is used by other engineering teams to design, implement, test, make incremental changes and deploy to various environments.
What You'll Do
- Manage and build out the Batch Compute Team.
- Own the roadmap to deliver reliable and scalable batch infrastructure to various Engineering teams within Affirm.
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with Engineering teams across Affirm to understand batch infra needs and deliver on those needs.
- Mentor and guide other engineers towards overarching architecture goals, applying sound engineering principles and design philosophies.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing diverse, top engineering talent.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex multi-team projects (3+ years of technical management).
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience with distributed systems, distributed data stores, data pipelines and other tools in the Hadoop and AWS ecosystems.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with developing and scaling of production systems.
- Strong understanding of computer security and data privacy.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Read Full Job Description