Fraud Data Analyst
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Data Analyst
Gemini’s Risk & Compliance team is looking for a fraud analyst to contribute to Gemini’s efforts to create the most trusted virtual currency exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud and account takeovers on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Analyze financial and operational data to develop signals that are correlated with fraudulent activity
- Produce metrics to track the performance of the team and execute data-driven operational improvements
- Respond to and resolve fraud and account security-related incidents in a timely manner
- Conduct in-depth account activity investigations through analysis of disparate sources of data (server logs, customer support tickets, trade activity, blockchain analysis etc.) in response to internal and external escalations
- Formulate, implement and document rules & policies for fraud detection and prevention; scale fraud support while optimizing operational efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Security Operations to improve processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 1-2 years experience with data exploration and analysis
- Working knowledge of or experience with relational databases; SQL
- Working knowledge of or experience with data analytics tools; Python (numpy, pandas), R or similar
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud, Security Operations team or a related function
- Knowledge of or experience with statistical forecasting (regression analysis, time-series forecasting), statistical tests & machine learning
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.