General Manager, LeafLink Insights
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale.
With over 3,500+ dispensaries and more than 1,300+ leading brands in 22 states and territories, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. LeafLink was also named one of Fast Company’s ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise’ in 2018, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we are hungry for more!The Role
The General Manager will own the vision and P&L for LeafLink Insights, our newest revenue line with the immense potential to rapidly grow and become the industry leading data product.
LeafLink Insights delivers our unique data assets, comprised of over $1.3 Billion in annual cannabis orders, to customers and partners. As the General Manager of LeafLink Insights, you will serve as the business line’s leader within the company, holding primary responsibility for its revenue production and operations. You will report directly to the SVP of Sales & Expansion, devising and reporting against a strategic vision and timeline for LeafLink Insight’s growth.
Starting this business line from the ground up, you will both lead and execute, identifying and testing new opportunities for our data as well as establishing and managing relationships with key data partners and clients. To scale the product, you will recruit and manage a world-class team to support the growth of the business line, setting revenue targets and quarterly OKRs. You will also work closely with our Marketing department to designate LeafLink Insights as a thought leader in the cannabis space.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial individuals; you are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever with a mix of leadership, business development, and product development experience in the data field.Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategic and operational plan to build and scale LeafLink Insights to be the undisputed category leader in cannabis data
- Own the P&L for LeafLink Insights, setting revenue targets, quarterly OKRs, and growth plans and reporting on your progress against them
- Build and manage relationships with customers and data partners
- Routinely identify and test new opportunities for LeafLink Insights, scaling the ones that prove successful
- Leverage the feedback of existing & potential customers to prioritize and plan product development
- Recruit, build, cultivate and manage a best-in-class team to support the growth of our data product
- Work together with Marketing to establish LeafLink as a thought leader in the data space through speaking engagements, PR placements, and data-driven content
- Proven ability to lead a team around a profitable data product, managing its P&L
- Experience building & maintaining relationships with customers and data partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to both execute and lead as the business line grows
- 7+ years experience in Business Development for data products
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and grow a new data-driven product or offering
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team event