BizOps-Data empowers business teams to use data to drive growth & retention, manage internal performance, and add value for customers. Our path to doing that at scale is through building a high-impact operational analytics function.
We sit within BizOps (a part of Go-To-Market) and partner with R&D to build a shared data vision. Our stack includes dbt, Fivetran, Segment, BigQuery and Looker.
The right person for this role is an experienced senior analyst/analytics lead with strong business analytics thinking and a track record of data leadership. He/she thrives working with business users and scaling an Analyst team to drive business outcomes.
They’ll work across GTM functions to define and drive key growth & retention goals. They’ll partner with our Analytics Engineer to develop flexible, performant data models, regularly contributing to our codebase in dbt.
This is a high-ownership, high-visibility role with the ability to help transform a growing company. This is the perfect role for a high-output data professional who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to build an outstanding operational analytics function.
- Define critical metrics for the go-to-market org and scale reporting/insights to improve understanding and performance of those metrics.
- Drive action & insights throughout Go-to-Market (including Sales, Customer Success, Marketing) through masterful Looker dashboards and alerting.
- Train, enable and support dashboard users on Go-To-Market teams through live sessions, documentation, and office hours.
- Partner with Sales Ops to define (and refine) objectives. Build, maintain and disseminate documentation for metrics, dashboards, and analyses via Confluence.
- Complete deep dive analysis on strategic questions around, for example, gross margin, retention drivers, etc.
- Contribute to and implement style guides and methodologies within BizOps Data stack.
- Partner with Data Scientists on critical forecasting and scoring efforts related to, for example, retention.
- Support extensibility and impact of BI data/metrics in Go-to-Market through Looker alerts, Looker-Salesforce embeds, and API integrations between BigQuery and Go-to-Market tools (e.g., Salesforce, Intercom)
- Regularly present insights, data and strategy recommendations to function/department leadership.
- 3+ years experience scaling BI to large customer-facing teams, e.g. Sales, CS, Solutions Consultants etc.
- Proven success training, onboarding and ramping junior analysts, including code reviews
- 3+ years experience using SQL, experience crafting a style guide a huge plus
- Demonstrated success enabling business users via onboarding, documentation, and support (e.g., “office hours”, Slack channel). Experience supporting quota-carrying teams (Sales, CS) in a growth-stage company is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and habits. Strong ability to translate business problems and requirements into analytics/reporting projects (data needs, metric design, and analysis/visualization) and communicate results back to non-technical audiences
- Excellent prioritization skills. Strong point of view on where the data org creates leverage, what data assets can get results, and how to enable usage of those assets
- Knowledgeable about the “modern data stack” and related process/capabilities. Candidate should be an advocate for unlocking value and driving efficiency with these tools/frameworks
- Working familiarity with data ops practices, including version control (e.g., GitHub), data QA/testing, and pros/cons of different tools (e.g., transforms in LookML vs. dbt)
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest-growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are proud of the culture of flexibility, inclusivity and trust that we have built around our workforce. We are a remote first organization with the option to potentially work in our New York headquarters on occasion moving forward. We love the opportunity to come together – but employees will always have the option on where they work best.
At Bluecore we believe in encouraging an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, demonstrate their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to building a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.