JIRA Communications Analyst at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is growing and we’re looking for a JIRA Communications Analyst to join our Post Closing team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
The JIRA Communications Analyst is responsible for developing and managing the ticketing system in JIRA for our Post Closing Team and Functions. This role will facilitate all communications through JIRA across the team and hold those accountable to the outlined SLAs. This position will be a critical piece of the Mortgage Purchase workflow across all Post closing functions and continuously looks to meet all stakeholder needs and requirements.
What you’ll do as a JIRA Communications Analyst:
- Create & maintain workflow reporting on loan files and team performance
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all JIRA functions including complex projects, workflows, security/compliance, reporting and other ad hoc configurations.
- Partner with Post Closing leadership to provide feedback on monthly team progress and develop a FAQs for trending issues, bugs, bottlenecks, etc.
- Comfortable jumping in to solve issues in real time
- This role will also be responsible for assisting with creating workflow manuals as well as JIRA training across the Post Closing team.
- Responsible for meeting SLA’s set by Management .
- Working with Management to address training needs based on JIRA interactions.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 2-3+ years of mortgage experience
- Ticketing system experience (preferably in JIRA)
- Ability to create custom reports, charts, and dashboards (preferably in JIRA)
- Approaches work with a customer service mindset
- Executes with a strong level of confidentiality and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment while also keeping leadership informed on daily/weekly updates.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task and time manage to maximize output
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.