Lead Engineer - Data Ops at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Lead Engineer on our Data Operations team, you will design robust data models and build pipelines that ensure accuracy and allow flexible consumption. You will drive a team to build new features at large-scale while working with subject matter experts to gain an in-depth understanding of Clear Street businesses.
Lead Engineer - Data Ops Characteristics:
- You are passionate about clean, scalable codebases and are capable of setting standards and leading your team to deliver robust, well-written code in Python.
- You live to build distributed systems that scale to collect, stream, and process high volumes of data.
- You are skilled manipulating data with Pandas and writing SQL queries.
- You built a solid foundation in Computer Science and Distributed Computing.
- You are constantly enhancing your toolkit; digging deep into the latest data technologies and frameworks that enable you to deliver high-quality data pipelines.
- You are interested in finance and strive to understand the intricacies of the markets.
- You care deeply about clean data models and abstractions that strike the right balance amongst simplicity, flexibility, and safety.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks