Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is looking for engineers to build the ML Platform to deliver a personalized wealth builder to every pocket.
At Stash we use a variety of different languages, frameworks, tools, and vendors to accomplish our goals. We use the right tool for the job when it comes to reaching for tech that will solve whatever challenge we're facing. We make deliberate decisions that we feel will help our platform grow and mature and support more and more customers.
Our technology stack features are developed using Scala, leveraging Akka HTTP. Most of the time we reach for a relational database like Postgres to store data, and we rely upon Redis as a cache. We're big fans of Terraform and Kubernetes, too. Hence, for ML, we envision deploying our ML workflows on Kubernetes; both in offline and real time modes.
We hire engineers regardless of programming language or background. We have invested (and continue to invest) in our onboarding process, so even if you join with no experience in our tech stack, you’ll have the time and space to learn. We consider Stash a growth-oriented organization and work hard to allow engineers the time and the space to learn, experiment, and continuously improve.
We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution in a collaborative environment and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
We’ve had tremendous growth in the past few years and have an exciting roadmap ahead of us. If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing application and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, then Stash is the right fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Build various components of the ML platform, initially to identify fraud in the areas of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Money Movement.
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to continuously deliver working software to our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building highly scalable distributed applications.
- Experience building backend APIs, Services and/or BigData Pipelines.
- Familiarity with event-driven data flow, configuration management, relational databases, message brokers and message buses.
- A passionate engineer who can turn ideas and requirements into working software collaboratively.
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**