Manager, Growth & Strategy at Angi
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the Role
Angi is seeking to fill a key role in its brand-new category management team. Angi's leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations for the specific needs of the range of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is the necessary unlock to further accelerate the company’s growth.
The Manager of Strategy & Growth will work directly with the Director of Category Management to drive growth within the one of five verticals within Angi. This is a unique opportunity to help lay the strategic and analytical foundation for growth. In this role, you are expected to shape and conduct analyses of large internal datasets, to translate your findings into actionable insights for the organization, and to present those to the Category Management team and cross-functional partners throughout the company. You will support large new company initiatives and tests with research, analysis, and operations support. You will be expected to know your category inside and out, and serve as a thought partner to the rest of the Category Management team and beyond.
We are looking for a highly analytical individual with management consulting experience (or similar), who is excited to drive the strategy and analytics for their category while developing and executing on priority tests and initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own analyses (both one-off and weekly/monthly) that provide actionable insights into metrics, issues and opportunities
- Deep-dive into both quantitative and qualitative research, from building dynamic models that inform decision-making to conducting market research and performing competitive analyses
- Build clear and concise presentations that summarize your findings and lead to clear recommendations
- Share your work and provide thought partnership to the Category Management team and cross-functional partners
- Independently drive special projects and new initiatives within the category, from initial concept through execution and success measurement
What we're looking for
- 4-6 years of professional experience in a rigorous field, with a track record of success
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and aptitude, with significant experience framing up analyses independently
- Deep knowledge of Excel required, and experience with SQL strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience gathering data from various sources and driving strategic insight
- An eye for the detail, excellent QA habits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in PowerPoint
- Management consulting experience at a top firm strongly preferred
- A strong interest in Angi, home services, marketplaces and product-driven organizations
Compensation & Benefits
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world