Principal Biostatistician at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, a group made up of 35 doctoral and MS level biostatisticians, is seeking a highly motivated and successful individual to join them at the doctoral level in the newly created track of Principal Biostatistician.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
• Participate in collaborative research between the Biostatistics Service and one or more of clinical, translational and basic science groups in the institution;
• Depending on the nature of the collaboration, take full responsibility for all aspects of the collaboration, or participate along with a faculty biostatistician;
• In the context of a collaboration study, supervise the work of a research biostatistician or a data analyst.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field
• Proficiency in a statistical programming language (such as SAS, Stata, and R)
• Experience of collaborative research (including creating and maintaining data files, writing application programs within a statistical software, analyzing data, interpreting the results, and contributing to manuscript writing).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong commitment to statistical collaborations with medical and basic science investigators
Please note that when submitting the online application applicants are required to submit their CV, in addition to a cover letter outlining the reasons for their interest in the position including names/contact information of 3 references.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.