Privacy Analyst at Datadog (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Datadog is looking for a privacy analyst with expertise in global privacy laws and data-protection frameworks. As a privacy analyst at Datadog, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your vast experience to help identify and mitigate privacy risks for the company, employees and our customers. You’ll work closely with our legal, security, product, and engineering teams, serving as a subject-matter expert for Datadog’s Privacy Office within the Legal Department. Your day-to-day activities will include identifying risks, communicating with cross-functional partners, and providing input into Datadog’s products and practices. The ideal candidate for this position exhibits leadership, is a creative problem solver, and has a deep familiarity with privacy and data-protection issues.
● Support or lead aspects of the strategy, development, enhancement, monitoring and documentation of the Company's privacy program.
● Collaborate with other departments and personnel (e.g., Products, People Ops, Marketing, Sales, Data Science, etc) in the development of policies, operational procedures, the documentation of data flows, data privacy impact assessments, third party diligence, and processing activities.
● Create or oversee development of artifacts to demonstrate DD’s compliance with applicable data protection laws, including working with the business to facilitate data maps and overseeing the creation of records of processing.
● Manage and resolve data subject access request activities consistent with applicable law and the Datadog Privacy Program.
● Provide technical support and guidance during investigations and the corrective actions process.
● Make recommendations to business process changes based on experience, analysis, and best practices
● Document project risks and issues; providing solutions where applicable
● Support business model innovation and business process re-design/optimization to incorporate data governance principles
● Lead or support projects to implement (or enhance) aspects of the Privacy Program, such as improving and delivering internal training, furthering the development or update of the Privacy Program artifacts, and supporting Datadog’s pursuit of third-party certifications or standards compliance
● Identify opportunities for development of new privacy features and tools
● Support privacy counsel in response to privacy incidents including collecting information on scope and root cause as well as managing remediation efforts at their direction
● Support the administration of the DD online privacy management tool
● You have a Bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field of study
● Three or more years' experience in related field
● Experience with privacy regulations and industry standards, including GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, ISO27701, PCI-DSS, NIST
● Experience writing business and functional requirements with specifications, including strong documentation skills
● Strong data analysis and reconciliation skills
● Competency in Microsoft applications, TrustArc, JIRA, and Confluence
● You have experience triaging and investigating technical security and privacy incidents
● You have understanding of technical privacy issues (cookie management, encryption)
● You have patience and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes
● You have the ability to communicate across disciplines (e.g., engineering, information security, legal, marketing, sales, etc)
● You have experience contributing to the privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.