Product Analytics Engineer at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an Analytics Engineer to lead data modeling efforts directed at actionable, impactful, and consistent reporting of Product Strategy team’s success metrics and to contribute to a larger body of data modeling and quality initiatives with a focus on empowering product analysts to perform their research work more efficiently.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL COVER FOLLOWING AREAS:
Data Modeling & Visualization
- Get immersed in product & business context, develop an understanding of existing product key performance indicators (KPI) frameworks and contribute your expertise to its refinement and improvement
- Design efficient data models that power KPI dashboards in business intelligence tool
- Collaborate with stakeholders on fine-tuning dashboards to ensure they are clear, intuitive, and actionable
Data Product Management:
- Act as a functional custodian of the software/hardware product interaction data
- Work closely with product analysts on understanding and refining requirements for research-focused data models
- Collaborate with data engineering, analytics engineering, data product management peers on company-wide infrastructure and data quality initiatives, effectively representing product analytics team’s needs
- Continuously monitor data taxonomy, quality, and completeness, and maintain relevant documentation
- Advise product analytics teammates and software engineers on instrumentation design, tracking implementation, and data modeling best practices
- Have 2+ years of experience as an analytics engineer / data engineer working closely with a functional analytics team…
- ...or 3+ years of experience in data analysis and modeling combined with a strong desire to pivot into the analytics engineering path
- Have high level of proficiency in SQL (aggregate functions, window functions, complex joins, CTE), including query optimization skills
- Have a methodical approach to data modeling rooted in understanding stakeholders’ use cases along with specifics of the tech stack affecting query performance
- Have previous exposure to data warehousing concepts and ETL/ELT, experience with AWS Redshift, dbt, Airflow is preferred.
- Have experience creating dashboards in BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, or others
- Have appreciation for data visualization design principles and are excited about creating intuitive interactive dashboards and tailoring them for stakeholders’ use cases and level of comfort with analytics
- Are familiar with specifics of handling event-based data
- Have strong prioritization skills and are comfortable determining and managing your project timelines
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on or with a product analytics team (as an analyst, data scientist, data engineer)
- Python skills
- Experience with SaaS tools for user interaction data collection and analysis (e.g. Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel), don’t mind digging into the documentation and discuss solutions and best practices with engineers and analysts
- Some experience with data lake platforms (e.g. S3, Databricks) and/or streaming data platforms (e.g. Kafka)
- Understanding of GDPR/CCPA implications for product data collection and downstream usage
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.