About the team
The Global Distribution & Logistics team oversees the final stages of the supply chain to move products from our suppliers to our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible. Our customer base is truly omnichannel, including direct-to-consumer and a diverse set of wholesale retailers. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders.
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing individual to support and grow our Distribution analytics capabilities. This individual will act as the source of truth of our team performance and trends analysis. You will oversee the growth and development of our internal and external operational and cost metrics reporting, run root cause analysis on performance, and act as the go to source of knowledge for any historical data. You will be expected to build, maintain, and visually present this data. In addition, you will act as the Distribution team’s subject matter expert with our ERP, helping develop and improve our order-to-cash order drop processes. This role will work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders in order to drive these initiatives forward. Think of yourself as the guardian of our numbers. The role will exercise all areas of your skillset; operational, analytics & reporting, soft skills, project management, risk assessment, etc!
What you will accomplish:
- Manage Distribution trend reporting and ideate solutions for disruptions in service.
- Build, develop, and maintain tools and dashboards to drive root cause analysis of distribution and logistics performance
- Collect, present, and communicate Distribution metrics to the larger team. You’ll be the voice of our performance.
- Strategize with Engineering to drive development and improvements within our DTC systems infrastructure
- Become the subject matter expert on our ERP. Help automate our order-to-cash processes and streamline distribution order processing.
- Improve and automate our budget processes. Work with our FP&A team to enable more streamlined and accurate cost projections.
- Regularly audit our distribution processes. Engage with the team to identify roadblocks and inefficiencies and collaboratively drive improvement. Research industry standard processes and share within our org.
This should describe you:
- You have an understanding of supply chain operations, gained through a relevant bachelor’s degree (such as Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Business Administration)
- You have a 2-4 years work experience in supply chain or supply chain-adjacent roles
- You have experience with analytics and BI tools
- You have experience in ERP systems (experience with O2C EDI processing is a plus!)
- You are highly-skilled with Excel and Access
- You have experience with or are willing to learn SQL
- You have strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- You have a strong work ethic; able to independently own and drive projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You take previous reflections and learnings and uses them to improve processes, systems and overall work quality
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Reporting to Head of North American Distribution
- Working within the broader Global Distribution & Logistics team
- Working cross-functionally with Analytics, Planning, IT Systems, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Sourcing, DTC, and Retail teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.