Senior Business Analyst at Angi
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
The Network Growth analytics team provides insights and helps optimize strategy by working closely with leadership across our sales, customer care, product development, and finance organizations. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work in a cross-functional capacity to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical know-how and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
Additionally, this team will help support our Category Management team that focuses on improving the pro and consumer experience for specific home services categories. This involves surfacing metrics, providing insights and identifying opportunities that align with their category goals.
What you'll do
- Be a valuable partner to the leadership teams across different business units, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Work with category owners to improve P&L economics and uncover transformational opportunities
- Learn the complex Angi ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data and objectives relating to the team you support.
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Tableau, Looker, and Excel
Who you are
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau, Looker, and Excel
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics, with experience in statistical languages (R, Python, etc.) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and willingness to quickly pivot into new tasks as needed
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world