Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Procore Technologies (Remote)
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll partner closely with our Business, Operations, and Insights Teams in the Revenue Organization, Data Engineering and Information Technology teams to turn data into insights that shine a light on our business’s health, the effectiveness of our processes and initiatives, and the behavior of customers. If you’re a team player with a natural curiosity about data and the technical ability to process and make sense of large-scale data sets—we’d love to hear from you.
This position will report to our Senior Manager, Revenue Analytics and can work remotely from any U.S location or based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA, or our Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- Develop a deep understanding of the business to identify and address critical issues effectively
- Provide data that is accurate, congruent, and reliable, and ensure the information is readily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Educate and train customers to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the data in new forms and content for analysis and exploration
- Partner with Business Analysts to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators and develop business intelligence and data warehouse strategy
- Independently lead initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of management
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and requirements and participate in the development of business cases in support of process changes or IT projects
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years in a data analytics role with strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or specialized training/certification); or equivalent work experience
- Strong SQL knowledge with database design experience. Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar BI/Data Visualization tool (Nice to have: Basic familiarity with programming languages like Python. Familiarity with GIT and JIRA/Agile workflows. Experience with ETL and data modeling)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts such as regression, properties of distributions, and statistical tests
- Self-starter with experience devising and testing hypotheses and implementing research plans; someone who can help the business identify the right questions to ask and able to recognize abnormalities in trends, boundary problems, and thresholds
- Ability to gather cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks and technical deliverables (experience working with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success data sets is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to present strong data-driven storylines and content to both general and senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience understanding customer needs and independently translating them into effective solutions and can thrive in a fast-paced environment and working through ambiguity
If you'd like stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.