Senior Data Analyst (Health Data Terminology) - Veeva Data Cloud at Crossix
What You’ll Do
As a Healthcare Data Terminologist, you will work to define, create, and manage the terminology infrastructure vital for Crossix and Veeva products.
Who you are:
You are passionate about healthcare data and terminologies, have a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare informatics, public health, and/or hands-on experience with organizing, curating, and managing health data ontologies and mappings. Ideally, you also have experience working with medication data, ontology management systems, and working in a corporate setting.
You are incredibly detail oriented, sometimes called a perfectionist even, and care deeply about the quality of your work. You like to investigate, dig in, and find solutions to problems.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
- Being subject matter expert in areas of standard clinical terminologies (ex. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, RXNORM, NDC, etc.)
- Leading updates to standard reference ontologies, mapping between and across standard and proprietary terminologies, and dissemination of terminology and mappings within the organization
- Selecting, owning, and operating an ontology/terminology management system
- Staying up to date current and emerging terminology
- Collaborating closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to understand, support Crossix and Veeva product terminology needs
What You’ve Done
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare terminologies
- Knowledge of Industry Standard code sets including at a minimum: ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC, RXNORM, and LOINC
- Experience with terminology management systems such as Wolters Kluwer HLI, Clinical Architecture’s Symedical, Apelon’s DTS, or similar
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Experience in (proprietary) concept creation based on accepted healthcare informatics and ontology practices
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings and working with reference tables
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and self-discipline
- Masters degree in a health informatics, health information management, or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
- PharmD (or other clinical background) and experience in managing medication terminologies (ex. Creating groupings, mapping across code sets, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with raw healthcare data (ex. Medical or pharmaceutical claims data, EMR data)
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Experience working with an agile team
About the Team – Crossix delivers hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.