Senior Data Analyst - Merchant, Growth, and Support at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that works with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their ecommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread's full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
Are you passionate about facilitating data-driven decisions? Do you enjoy tackling challenges at the intersection of business knowledge, data infrastructure, and statistical modeling? The Analytics team at Bread is looking for an experienced analyst to join our team as a Senior Data Analyst focusing on our Merchant and Growth & Support product verticals. These teams are fundamental to Bread’s ability to scale our platform and this role will be the first member of our data team to embed directly with these product verticals. As a founding member of our Analytics practice in these areas, you will play a key role in shaping the ways in which these teams use data as well as how each team interacts with the rest of the data organization. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the ecommerce landscape and experience working cross functionally with senior stakeholders.
Your role at Bread:
- Prioritization: Supporting company leadership, including the C-suite, to identify the highest ROI projects.
- KPI Definition and Experimentation: You’ll help to define and refine our Merchant and Growth & Support KPIs. You’ll then partner with stakeholders to design, set-up, and monitor tests with the goal of moving those KPIs and improving profitability.
- Data Modeling and Data Warehousing: As we add new features to our platform or start tracking new data points, you’ll work with the engineering team to incorporate these new data points into our data infrastructure and load them into our data warehouse.
- Statistical Analysis and Predictive Modeling: From answering questions like “What features have the greatest impact on merchant onboarding speed?” to “Why does customer support call volume vary greatly across merchants?”, you’ll help to answer both simple and complex questions about Bread’s data using appropriate quantitative techniques.
- Learning and Teaching: As our team grows, we’ll continue to contribute to a company-wide data-first culture and team-wide culture of continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be asked to share discoveries, refine our problem discovery process, and shape our processes and infrastructure.
- 3-5 years of experience in analytical roles or engineering (software engineering, data engineering) roles
- Fluency in SQL and at least one functional programming language, especially Python or R
- Expert knowledge of statistics, i.e. confidence intervals, linear regression, and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of the ecommerce landscape and B2B SaaS business models
- Resourcefulness, curiosity and motivation to identify new opportunities and initiatives
Nice to Have:
- Professional experience in mentorship and/or leadership roles
- Experience with any technologies in our analytics stack: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, DBT, Databricks and/or Spark, Airflow, Python, Github, Looker, and Docker
- Experience in financial services or credit
- Experience with web applications
- An advanced degree
- Familiarity with an agile working environment