Senior Data Analyst
Today, the biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
At TrialSpark, we don’t believe it has to be this way. Through technology and a new operational model, we’re reimaging how clinical trials are run, with the mission of bringing new treatments to patients faster.
We do this by partnering with physicians to enable them to run clinical trials within their existing practices. By providing the technology platform, equipment, and staffing,TrialSpark alleviates the operational burden of clinical research, enabling physicians to focus on what they do best -- patient care. And by bringing clinical research to physician practices, TrialSpark is enabling access for the 98% of patients who are never exposed to clinical trial opportunities.
About the role
Delivering a clinical trial across multiple trial sites is a highly complex endeavor, involving lots of different people, processes, and logistics. And running numerous clinical trials at once, across a nationwide site network, increases the complexity of the problem exponentially.
As a Senior Operations Analyst, your focus will be helping us to manage this complexity. You will be responsible for developing a deep, data-driven understanding of our operational model and identifying the key leverage points to drive greater efficiency. You’ll map out the exact activities required to deliver a clinical trial and locate opportunities to reduce time and cost. Example questions you’ll help us answer include:
- How many people do we need to staff a clinical trial? What are the primary drivers of the size and makeup of the team? Given the needs of the trial and the workloads, capabilities, and geographical locations of the various team members, who should be included in the team?
- What does it cost to run a clinical trial? What are the major drivers of these costs and what improvements can we make to the model to drive efficiency? Where do we build vs. buy software?
- In what ways can we optimize our physical trial operations? Can we better route our staff and resources between sites? What does an efficient clinical logistics network look like?
- Based on the forecasted growth of the business, how many people do we need to hire for each role, and by when?
This is a core operational role for TrialSpark, We’re looking for highly talented candidates with an extensive background in analytical problem solving. Candidates for this role should be able to take complex, open-ended problems and develop structured, data-driven solutions.
An ideal candidate:
- You have a deep analytical background with experience in an Operational science or research capacity, and are passionate about breaking down and understanding complex systems end-to-end. Prior experience could include data science, operations, consulting, or finance.
- You have strong technical chops — you’ve lived in Excel, can write SELECT statements in your sleep, and can Python or R your way in and out of any situation.
- You are excited about working cross-functionally with operations, finance, product, engineering, and data to develop innovative solutions to challenging operational problems.
- You are proactive, strategic, implementation-focused, and ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact right away
- You are low ego, collaborative, and a fast-learner
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.