Senior Data Architect - Data Ops at Clear Street (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a member of our Data Operations Team, you will sit at the center of our company; providing direct value to the business and engineering organizations. You will collaborate with passionate engineers and diverse stakeholders. You will own complex, multidimensional challenges of scale, enabling the future of Clear Street. Our engineering culture values innovation, creating a great experience for stakeholders, and the ability to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Own the design and implementation of our data warehouse strategy.
- Operate our Snowflake data warehouse as a core part of the data platform.
- Utilize your Python coding abilities and expertise in SQL schema design and management.
- Act as a senior voice of experience on matters of how data is stored, moved around, and transformed.
- Provide mentorship to other team members regarding data structuring and querying.
- Evaluate, select, and integrate business intelligence tooling.
- You have 5+ years of data engineering experience in large-scale environments.
- You've worked with modern data warehouses and understand how data moves both internally and externally.
- You are an expert in SQL schema design and management, including roles and permissions.
- You are an expert in columnar databases and their use cases.
- You are comfortable coding in Python.
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable navigating a variety of styles.
- You've managed and delivered complex projects and are confident in your project management abilities.
- You are comfortable utilizing Python libraries, including Pandas and SQLAlchemy.
- You have past experience working with financial data.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.