Senior Data Engineer - Platform at Integral Ad Science
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join us in building our next generation data processing platform. As part of the platform team you will work in multiple areas including campaign performance measurement and reporting, ad fraud, and botnet detection.
About our team:
Quite simply our platform is the engine that powers the verification, optimization, and analytics solutions we provide. It has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds! If you like to have fun at work, are passionate about driving results, solving problems and making an impact, we want to speak with you! IAS is ranked Best Places to work by BuiltIn Chicago and New York for 2020 and 2021! Check out our IAS Tech Blog to know more about the challenging problems we solve every day.
What you'll get to do:
- Work on Big Data technologies, Lead the design, coding and maintenance of highly scalable backend data platform for processing large throughput with controllable latency in streaming mode
- Lead the entire software lifecycle, including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment and documentation using modern programming languages (such as java, scala, python)
- Perform tuning of systems, mentor junior team members
Please apply if you have most of this:
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in one or more of the modern programming languages (Java and Python)
- Good understanding of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining streaming data pipelines
- Understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
What puts you over the top:
- Experience developing streaming data pipelines using Apache Flink or Apache Beam
- Experience working with Apache Kafka
- Experience working with AWS technologies
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital ad verification, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. IAS’s mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies. For more information, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.