Senior Data Engineer at Unqork
Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that enterprise applications require. Our customers are leaders in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork reached unicorn status in 2020, with a valuation of $2B. Unqork has been named one of the Best Startup Employers by Forbes, Best Places to Work by Built In and one of LinkedIn's Top Startups.
The Senior Data Engineer’s responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Architect and implement the ETL process to centralize the data in one location;
- Set up and manage business intelligence solutions as part of the data warehouse;
- Develop and deploy data platform tools that enable the analytics teams to move faster and build better products;
- Collaborate with analytics, engineering and dev ops team to establish the best practices in ETL deployment;
- Own and define what you work on and have a significant voice in decision making;
- Partner with client’s data teams to give them secure access to their data
- Must have seven years of experience in Data Engineering/Data Analysis with exp incl, but not limited, to building data lakes, ETL pipelines, and organizing/cleaning data for analytics;
- Strong understanding of SQL, experience with key databases such as Snowflake/Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.;
- Understanding of data modeling best practices - Star Schemas, Kimball, etc.;
- Experience building data platform tools with Python in collaboration with data science or machine learning teams;
- Experience building and scaling non-relational databases, preferably MongoDB;
- Experience working with large datasets and building data pipelines from cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, or GCP);
- Must have a Bachelor’s deg in a tech discipline, courses in comp science
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.