Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (SDE) to join our data team! At Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship, and drive some of our most exciting and complex projects. As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll help us build infrastructure for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data in batch and streaming pipelines. You will work with the Product Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to model data and build ETL. You will be an influential contributor to the design and implementation of data flows and tools necessary to make key strategic decisions, and power machine learning and personalization within the product.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about data and how it can tell an intricate story
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited about using data to make strategic business decisions
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineers
Your day to day is…
- Being an influential contributor working on scaling and enhancing our near-real-time analytics platform
- Writing and maintaining data pipelines
- Communicating and collaborating with partner teams across the company to assess data needs and prioritize accordingly. Be proactive about driving data collection and storage best practices
- Providing thought leadership and executing on architecture and infrastructure
- Building data tooling to enable data lake, data warehouse, and analytics workflows within the AWS cloud
- Driving adoption of data tools. Giving tech talks and demos on the newest capabilities and enhancements to the system
- Consulting on data security, design, and scalability to product engineering teams
- Working closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines for research, reporting, and machine learning
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software is unparalleled
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- 5+ years engineering experience, 2+ years working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages and functional programming in general: Python, Scala
- Experience in SQL and maintaining data warehouse.
- Experience building large-scale batch and micro-batch data pipelines; ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience with schema design and data modeling, and analytical skills to QA data and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience supporting Machine Learning or Business Intelligence teams and products
- A Computer Science or related degree required
- Competitive PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. But no matter what, we’ll continue to put the patient’s needs first. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve. We created Zocdoc to solve patient problems, beginning with online appointment-booking – and we haven’t stopped building since. With Zocdoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online, make informed choices with verified reviews, and stay on top of important checkups with tailored reminders.