Senior Data Engineer at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!About the Role
Kustomer is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to own providing the data infrastructure, tooling, and technical guidance to enable various business units to make data-driven decisions. This role is central to building and executing on a progressive data strategy for the company. The successful candidate has prior experience building data pipeline infrastructure from the ground up and can find stability in ambiguous work.
This role is embedded in our Trust & Velocity team - this team focuses on issues that affect internal and external confidence in our application and brand (Trust) as well as issues that affect the speed of development as it relates to the whole engineering team (Velocity). The team takes ownership of anything that involves performance, scalability, reliability, observability, availability, and security. You’ll work closely with the team in charge of infrastructure to architect and build scalable and reliable data pipelines.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with engineering and product to transform client data into meaningful insights
- Collaborating with our Data Analyst to roadmap and architect business intelligence reporting
- Architecting a data warehouse for Kustomer to store query-able archival data aggregated from a variety of services
- Leading the efforts to rapidly scale Kustomer’s data management
- Optimizing performance of various pipelines and data stores
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision, architecting scalable long term solutions that apply technology to solve business problems
- You have 5+ years of experience working in scalable data environments across multiple big data technologies (NoSQL preferred)
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and stakeholders on abstract problems and developing solutions
- Distributed data process with Spark/Hadoop or similar
- Designing and maintaining databases such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or similar
- ETL batch and workflow orchestration with AWS Data Pipeline/Glue/Airflow or similar
- Integration with Business Intelligence tools such or Data Studio, Looker, Periscope, Quicksight, or similar
- Data streams with Kafka/Kinesis or similar
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves
- Degree in a relevant technical field (Machine Learning, Database Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Comfortable working in one or more programming languages
- Experience with Machine Learning infrastructure
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.