Senior Data Platform Engineer at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
The Data Platform team enables data informed decisions and low latency personalization at scale. Meetup’s recommendations, search, notifications and internal analytics processes rely on the platform that the Data Platform team designs, builds and maintains. We are a collaborative team seeking a Senior Engineer to help build the next generation of distributed systems providing low latency data to our rapidly growing and data intensive systems.
What you get to do:
- Design, implement and operate a platform that supports low latency processing and transformation of data at scale
- Build tooling to allow fast development and deployment of machine learning models to production
- Coordinate with other engineering, product and design teams to create simple & meaningful data-driven experiences for our members and organizers (recommendations, search)
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetups
You're our ideal team member if you have:
- BS+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience designing and operating data intensive distributed systems (experience with recommendations, search or data warehousing is ideal)
- Contributed to a large, multiuser Scala, Java or C++ codebase (we use Java/Scala)
- Experience with technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem such as Flink, Mapreduce, Spark, Scalding, Avro, Parquet (we use Spark and Avro). Experience with AWS services such as EMR, S3, Kinesis, and Lambda as well as infra as code tooling (Terraform, Cloudformation) and a background in networking
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about empowering people to come together and create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?