Hinge is seeking a versatile Data Scientist to work on product development initiatives. From assessing opportunities and results through analytical techniques to modeling user lifecycle with machine learning, you will take on a central and multi-faceted role in the product development process. In turn, your work will deeply influence how millions of Hinge members use the app and connect with each other.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, and engineers to develop and iterate on product features
- Translate product objectives to data science problems and vice versa
- Apply statistical inference to draw rigorous conclusions from data, especially through designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Use a combination of exploratory analysis and data mining techniques to generate actionable insights about user experience
- Build user lifecycle models to support initiatives in user engagement and monetization
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Experience with A/B testing
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python
- Exposure to engineering best practices
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to balance rigor with practicality
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity
The salary range for this position is $175,000 - $215,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.