Senior Data Scientist at VTS
In this role, you will:
- Define and monitor metrics, create data narratives, and build tools to identify opportunities and drive decisions
- Build and interpret algorithms and machine learning models that power VTS products
- Help design and build VTS’ next-generation data products and research reports that will leverage the power of our data sets
- Ensure our data sets are complete, unique, timely, valid, accurate, consistent, and easy to consume
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other full-stack teams to incrementally craft high-quality products for our customers
- Have organization-wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or onboarding buddy, etc.
- Participate as a data science expert in conversations with external clients
What makes you a great fit?
- You have a proven track record in driving business impact with data science and structured thinking, particularly in a scrappy, unstructured environment
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in SQL, proficient in data science programming languages such as Python & R, and familiar with analytics tools such as Looker & Tableau
- Strong communication skills, especially around explaining data science concepts to stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis, and presentation)
Nice to have
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) data products and research
- Experience in full-stack development (Ruby on Rails and React)
More about our team
- We have a 80+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We have business analytics and data insights squads focused on internal and external VTS data use cases respectively
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS values & how we show it:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!