Senior Database Reliability Engineer
As a member of the Reliability team you will be dedicated on improving the reliability, scalability and self-service capabilities of our infrastructure to support Lifion applications.
You will actively participate on moving away from operational tasks and enabling developers to use self-service capabilities. You will contribute to automate tasks, reduce toil and assist teams on creating self-healing systems.
- You will use your expertise to tune databases
- You will work closely with other teams to assit them designing, build and fine tune databases, schema design, and query optimizations
- Help automate and build self-service data platform to deliver database as a service to engineering teams.
- Expand our configuration and container management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Perform Database installation, upgrades, capacity planning, data migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
- Be part of on call rotation team.
- Define, track, review and report on Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), System Availability, and the progress and outcomes related to reliability initiatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement.
- A minimum of 10+ years of software engineering and/or infrastructure experience.
- Mastery understanding of cloud software, infrastructure, integration and operational ecosystems and product knowledge.
- Mastery knowledge on using MySQL, PostgreSQL databases on the cloud, preferably in AWS
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS preferred) and container orchestration technologies
- Expertise in setting up replication, backups, monitoring, Database tuning and SQL tuning.
- Strong Shell, Python and SQL scripting to automate DB related jobs.
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies