Senior Operations Analyst, Benefits Platform at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a Senior Operations Analyst on this team, you will be accountable for ensuring that our integrations with carriers work flawlessly, and that the data we send and receive is done so accurately and efficiently. Your ability to communicate with the team proactively, and to be solution-oriented will be invaluable in this role. You will actively problem solve while identifying opportunities for us to invest in efficiencies. You will be directly involved with the growth of the operations function, helping steer the team’s areas of focus and overall structure.
This role is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to join a fast growing team and get experience and exposure to all parts of building and running a product and business. As the first Operations hire on the team, you will have a number of different paths available to you for growth, assuming you meet / exceed expectations.
The Benefits Platform Team is a new investment at Justworks, and operates as an autonomous and tight knit cross-functional unit. The team is responsible for accelerating the growth of the core business by building and running a new, hyper flexible benefits platform that will serve as the launch pad for multiple new products, services, and partnerships over the next 5 years.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Perform day-to-day operations for our small group health insurance offering
- Work with insurance carriers to resolve escalated issues - enrollment errors, plan coding issues, and other discrepancies, highlighting said issues to ProdEng if recurring in nature
- Partner with the ProdEng team to help determine investments that would increase our overall efficiency
- Collect plan and pricing data from carriers, and work within the carriers systems to enroll groups and individuals
- Identify and remediate issues by either creating and maintaining operations tools or working with product and engineering to improve systems
- Coordinate system implementation of new benefits and report changes in systems/procedures across teams
- Maintain and execute regular filing and/or any additional regulatory duties
- Maintain vendor and internal partner SLAs
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Operations role required
- Knowledge of Employer Sponsored Benefit Plans a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong project management and execution skills
- You enjoy working with people and helping others solve problems
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment