Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help solve challenges in building petabyte scale image and data processing pipelines. Our ideal teammate is someone who wants to build technology that will directly save patient lives. You are focused on impact over elegance. You will always hold the patient above all else. You are highly technical and have a track record of making impactful contributions on technically challenging problems.
- Be curious and learn the space. Here, that's developing an understanding of modern machine learning, radiology, and medical diagnostics
- Take ownership. Help us figure out what we should be building and how to build it right
- Deliver high-quality work. Our data engineers ingest and process the near petabyte-scale dataset used to train our machine models, and care a lot about making this data easily usable and accessible
- Mission-driven and passionate about building technology that will directly save patient lives
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, navigating and communicating short- and long-term trade-offs and always keeping the goal of helping patients above all else
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments
- Varied experience with building complex data systems a huge plus -- deploying and using workflow systems, large scale batch and stream processing, data warehousing
- Good judgment, and a sharp thinking cap
This role is based in New York, NY.