Data is a core part of our product. Our data pipelines today consist of thousands of datasets from hundreds of unique sources and continues to grow every day. This pipeline powers our machine learning models and API, which powers production workflows that affect real patients.
We’ve experienced rapid growth in data scale over the past few years and are looking for an experienced developer to build scalable systems that can support the next phase of our growth. We are looking for someone who can architect efficient and scalable systems, set data engineering standards for the engineering organization, and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and coding.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have a strong background in Computer Science or other equivalent field
- You’re an entrepreneur, a self starter, and want to help us build and scale applications and data pipelines.
- You love solving ambiguous problems and want to understand how to help us aggregate healthcare data from across the web.
- You have a passion for data and want to help us untangle and discover truth in an industry rife with fragmented data.
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- You’re very comfortable with SQL and relational databases; Python experience would be a big plus but not required
- Develop and manage data scrapers: You will develop new data scrapers that consume data from 100’s of sources across healthcare
- Scale our data ingestion framework: You will help design and improve upon our current system of record for ingesting data from hundreds of different sources.
- Build light-weight automation: You will develop systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure
- Streamline our internal data operations: You will build tools to empower internal stakeholders to manage data across our pipelines and allow our internal teams to quickly distribute data to our clients.
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]