Software Engineer, Machine Learning
WHO WE ARE:
The Personalization & ML Engineering team is responsible for building features powered by machine learning such as personalized content recommendations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and improve machine learning pipeline that power Peloton’s content recommendations.
- Evaluate, implement, and improve machine learning models.
- Productionize, deploy and monitor machine learning based services.
- Passion for building scalable backend framework that supports a rapid growing user base
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C++, C.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, or DynamoDB.
- Experience with both machine learning and developing services with production quality deployment and monitoring.
- Strong machine learning knowledge, including neural networks, RNNs and CNNs. Good understanding of the practical aspects of ML such as train/dev/test sets, bias, variance, overfitting, hyperparameter tuning, etc.
- Experience using machine learning libraries and tools, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, Theano, or scikit-learn.
- Familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and platforms, for instance, DataDog, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and AWS services.
- Self directed and detail oriented with ability to come up with good design proposals or thorough analysis of production issues.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.