Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Business Intelligence Team:
The BI team is responsible for integrating, synthesizing and interpreting critical business data. We provide support to the business by creating sophisticated reporting tools that the business can use on data-driven decisions and we deliver deep dive analysis to answer challenging business questions or measure results of actions that we have taken. We are still a fairly new team and there are a lot of exciting projects where you can build value from scratch, including (but not limited to) discovering new KPI to better understand the business and exposing new usage data that our business users could not access before.
About the BI Sr Analyst:
The Business Intelligence Sr Analyst reports directly to the VP of BI. As a BI Sr Analyst, you will engage with cross functional teams to uncover trends, define new KPI, gather requirements and create automated visualizations in Tableau that will answer key strategic questions and provide business visibility to executive and operations teams. You will also drive end-to-end projects that involve defining and ingesting new data signals into the data warehouse
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develops and updates Tableau dashboards and ad hoc visualizations for Sales, Client Solutions, Product and Executive teams
- Gather requirements from cross functional teams to capture key business questions needed to be answered
- Monitoring and analysis of business trends, highlighting reasons for variances to constituents
- Deliver business insights for QBR and key executive meetings
- Deliver deep dive analysis on revenue impact from product changes, GTM strategies or Partner initiatives
- Train users on best practices to interact with BI Tableau reports
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis and data pulls to multiple internal customers including Sales, Client Solutions, Product and Executive teams
- 4+ years of relevant business analysis experience in Business Intelligence, Finance, Revenue Analytics roles
- Extremely well-organized, data driven and comfortable managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Curious, eager to learn and self-motivated to uncover new opportunities
- Advanced Tableau skills (or other visualization tools)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven ability to build strong cooperative working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers
- Ability to synthesize data into a clear story for both internal and external constituents
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications and solutions
- BA or BS degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with working with Salesforce
- SQL Experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.