The Sr Business Value Analyst will join a unique strategy and operations team driving Datadog’s next phase of growth. We are interdisciplinary thinkers leveraging diverse business backgrounds in management consulting, business development, law, investment management, investment banking and tech to accelerate Datadog’s global growth. We work directly with Datadog’s most senior leaders to set corporate strategy, improve efficiency across the business, support data-driven decision-making, own complex operations and more.
In this role, you will leverage data as an asset to answer key questions about how our products go to market in order to fuel Datadog’s next phase of growth. You will use a systems thinking approach to understand how our products deliver value to customers and partner with product managers and sellers to optimize our go-to market strategy. The ideal candidate is an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, gets excited about answering challenging questions, and loves talking to business stakeholders to take action based on their recommendations.
- Use advanced analytics to refine our understanding of our customers and our product performance
- Work with product managers to build pricing strategies and run pricing experiments with customers
- Identify and pilot new sales motions/playbooks in partnership with enablement team and sellers
- Become an expert on our internal dataset - and create data aggregations that can be leveraged by others, simplify existing databases
- Develop standard workflows and processes for systematizing data access / analysis
- Build visualizations to expose key business metrics and KPIs.
- Deliver actionable analyses and insights to relevant stakeholders (including senior executives).
- Work on special projects for the c-suite.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- At least 3+ years of professional experience, likely as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a quantitative finance or consulting role.
- Experience managing, manipulating, simplifying and analyzing complex datasets using SQL, Python and/or R
- Proven ability to develop actionable recommendations from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong quantitative modeling abilities: can model any operational question.
- Used to communicating data heavy insights to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Experience building forecasts and/or predictive models
- Excited to work with sales, sales ops, marketing, finance, engineering and other functions
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuous training and career growth
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive US benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.