Sr. Data Engineer, Video Analytics
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching—giving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Data Engineer on the Data team, you will create infrastructure and services that provide access to event streams. You will work with our business teams as well as other engineering teams to help define data access and discoverability requirements and implement systems to satisfy these requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to define new events streamed through our pipeline.
- Create ETL pipelines for events as needed.
- Help design and build a system for data discoverability.
- Review Kafka specific metrics and key performance indicators for monitoring and performance management.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ year’s experience working with scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Airflow, Celery, or any other Open Source Data task processing system
- Expertise in Java or Scala and at least one other backend programming language
- Apache Kafka
- Hadoop, Spark, Flink, or similar data processing framework experience
- Relational databases and SQL experience
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
- Go experience
- NoSQL database experience a plus
- Cloud Provider experience (AWS tools, Google Cloud tools, Azure tools)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.