Sr. Data Engineer, Video Analytics
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching—giving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Sr. Data Engineer on the Data team, you will create infrastructure and services that provide access to real-time event streams. You will work with our product and engineering teams to help define data access and help implement systems to give deeper insightful data metrics to video creators.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to define new events streamed through our pipeline
- Create, manage and maintain batch and real-time ETL pipelines for streaming events
- Help design and build a system for data discoverability
- Review Kafka and Spark specific metrics and key performance indicators for monitoring and performance management
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ year’s experience working with scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Expertise in Java/Scala and at least one other backend programming language
- Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, or similar data streaming and processing framework experience
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL (HBase, BigTable, Cassandra)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of developing Restful web APIs
- Airflow, Celery, or any other Open Source Data task processing system
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with Apache Phoenix
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
- Cloud Provider experience (AWS tools, Google Cloud tools, Azure tools)
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.