Staff Data Scientist, Client Solutions at Flatiron Health (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're looking for a Staff Data Scientist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the our Client Solutions team to perform data analyses that surface operational issues and improve them. You'll become an expert on the delivery processes for our key product offerings and the data that is associated with them. You'll use that context to generate hypotheses on how to improve our processes, and perform data analyses and experiments to validate them. You'll work closely with business leaders to implement process improvements based on the results of your work. In addition, this role will include:
- Transforming data and metadata into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to internal stakeholders
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining key performance metrics for our product teams
- Surfacing analytic insights to product teams through the development and support of data tools and dashboards
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders to design and execute statistical experiments aimed at improving existing processes
- Developing prototypes of software and platform enhancements that improve operational efficiency
- Generating ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Flatiron achieve its ambitious goals
The Staff Data Scientist will work collaboratively with business leaders, Product Managers, Clinical Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and other members of the Flatiron's Evidence Organization.
Who You Are
You're a Staff Data Scientist with at least 5+ years of work experience analyzing data and creating visualizations in business intelligence software (e.g., Superset, Tableau, Lookr, etc). You have statistical expertise and a strong ability to frame business problems in an analytic manner. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a BS or MS from a technical field of study (e.g. data science, engineering, computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, health economics, etc.) or you’ve done programming/scripting on your own
- You have experience coding in Python
- You have experience working with query languages such as SQL
- You are a self-starter who can and independently prioritize and address problems in a highly ambiguous environment
- You are a clear and confident communicator who can break down complex data analyses to tell a compelling story
- You have experience designing experiments or creating predictive models
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have prior Oncology or Clinical Data experience
- You have prior management experience or are interested in developing your career along a management path. (This role will not involve management initially, but will likely have the opportunity to do so in the future.)
- You have prior experience with business leadership and/or operations research
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Please note that, pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, all Flatiron employees, including individuals selected for hire, are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status, and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites. Vaccination requirements are subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, though exemptions may not be feasible for some external-facing roles.