Strategic Analyst/Consultant at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about putting your skills toward reducing the total burden of cancer? Are you looking to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals and populations? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and energetic team dedicated to one mission, the cure of cancer? Our Strategy and Competitive Intelligence team cares deeply about solving meaningful problems that will measurably impact the strategic direction of Memorial Sloan Kettering.
We are seeking a Strategic Analyst to join our team. The role of Strategic Analyst is to serve as an analytical and thought leader in the assessment and understanding of our internal business dynamics through the quantitative analysis of key organizational strategic metrics. Simply put, the purpose of our Strategic Analyst is to generate insights through data.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Be an important contributor to a team based approach to understanding trends, creating analyses, and generating insights about our key strategic metrics.
- Scan the competitive and industry landscape for developments related to MSK’s ability to achieve its strategic goals. Synthesize developments into focused understanding, insights, and guidance for future strategic moves.
- Deliver presentations to key stakeholders on MSK’s internal volume dynamics, competitive and industry dynamics, and the interplay between these elements.
- Be working across all levels of the business and so will need to establish trusting and collaborative relationships with a wide variety of peers, internal stakeholders, MSK senior executives, and key individuals within external partners (and potential partners)
- Someone who exhibits a keen sense of curiosity about the world and a mindset of experimentation.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Analyzing patterns of newly treated patient volume by geography
- Competitive assessment analyses focused on key markets
- Analyzing the dynamics of chemotherapy patient volume between Manhattan and suburban locations
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus
- 2-4 years experience using analytics to roadmap business decisions and consult stakeholders on impact
- Built reputable analyses using R, Python, or a similar language
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Healthcare experience a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.