Team Lead, Insights and Data Analytics - Customer Operations at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking a team lead to join the Customer Operations Insights & Analytics Team and help drive the analytics and reporting agenda that inform strategic decision making and performance tracking. In this role, you will inherit a small team of analysts and you’ll help set the strategic vision, identify and prioritize key strategic questions, and own the relationship with external and internal partners.
A successful candidate would be independent, able to tackle complex challenges across a variety of teams and drive impact across the Customer Operations organization. You’ll lead your team to tackle all analytical problems related to Squarespace's Customer Operations efforts, from support quality to Help Center Product page to volume forecast to internal reporting. You’ll work closely with teams across Customer Operations (i.e. Customer Support, the Quality Team, Workforce Solutions) and the company (i.e. Data Science, Product, FP&A) to uncover growth opportunities and help shape support strategy and actionable insights.
This role reports into the Head of Customer Operations Analytics.
- Lead, coach, and provide regular feedback to your team
- Partner across functions and lead team to report on performance, generate actionable insights, and design analytical approach for new challenges
- Democratize data access and develop visualizations that empower business users to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Translate broad questions to a strategic data agenda and craft data storied to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Customer Operations organization
- Make code and documentation contributions and lead the technical growth of the team
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering to build infrastructure that supports analytical rigor and to develop models and tools that drive business impact
- Serve as internal subject expert on industry best practices and emerging technology & trends such as analytical tools and customer support measurement
- Lead a team of analysts through their day-to-day responsibilities and ensure their career growth
- You have a bachelor's degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics function with at least 1 year of managing or mentoring experience
- Demonstrated success driving business strategy by empowering decision makers with data, developing frameworks, surfacing insights, and driving learning agendas
- Mastery of SQL and experience working with databases (dimensional and relational); Python knowledge a plus
- Deep understanding of data visualization best practices, including direct experience with BI tools, preferably Looker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions
- Strong project and process management skills with proven ability to deliver against expected milestones
- Experience managing and developing talent
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.