Vice President of Artificial Intelligence at Movable Ink
The Vice President of Artificial Intelligence will lead all AI efforts at Movable Ink. We believe that visual is the language that moves people and software is capable of creative expression.
You will lead our AI efforts and solve marketers’ biggest problems. You are comfortable diving into the huge, noisy, and complex world of real-time data to build predictive models of consumer behavior. You are customer obsessed and well-versed in the latest technologies in computer vision, deep learning, classification and unsupervised learning.
Most importantly, you have put theory into practice and will conceive and implement AI to power the marketing platform of the future. Over 700 major brands including Uber, Airbnb, REI, and Hilton use Movable Ink to communicate to their customers in a visual medium across every channel. We capture terabytes of contextual signals from billions of monthly customer interactions that are waiting to be harnessed. The role reports to Movable Ink’s co-founder and Chief Technology Officer.
Fast-forward one year and here’s what you will have accomplished:
- Launched an AI offering that transforms how our customers engage in visual marketing.
- Defined the long-term roadmap for software that is capable of creative expression.
- Established a cutting-edge AI department staffed by the world’s best AI scientists who balance depth of knowledge with an ability to execute.
- Set the AI vision & strategy for the company with a 7-year horizon, which includes leading the market as the #1 applied-AI company.
Responsibilities of the Vice President, Artificial Intelligence:
- Develop AI Vision, Agenda and Roadmap for the company
- Work with our New Ventures team to build AI products that see solid adoption and that customers love
- Build a world-class AI/data science team based upon product-market fit and success
- Leverage data science tools and techniques to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights in the data
- Establish actionable KPIs and success metrics and ensure timely, accurate reporting
- Build and manage new data tables to support data collection, cross-channel data integration, dashboards, data visualization, data mining, and predictive analytics
- Champion data governance, data warehousing, and data stewardship
- Partner with Engineering, Product and other internal teams to facilitate easy and effective access to data and computing resources
- Utilize Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL languages, tools and technologies to extract and process data for analytical needs. Design and architect data processing pipelines
- Use Big Data Analytical tools and packages to build highly scalable analytical models
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- 10+ years of experience as a data scientist, machine learning, or AI professional
- 4+ years of experience recruiting and leading world-class AI teams that solve complex problems
- Solid hands on experience in practical predictive modeling. Forecasting is a plus
- PhD or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience working with 'Big Data' using technologies such as SQL, Hive/Hadoop
- Hands-on experience with a programming language e.g. Python
- Understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Known for your ability to tell the story behind the data and deliver prescriptive analytics
- Deep interest and/or domain experience in marketing, e-commerce, or advertising technologies
- Comfortable in an environment where you are building an AI function from the ground up
- Interested in inventing the future of AI applied to creativity