VP of Data
Peloton is looking for a VP of Data to strategize, build, and lead all our Data Warehouse and Data Pipeline efforts. You will be heading multiple teams of passionate and skilled database engineers, data engineers, architects, and analysts responsible for building and owning batch and streaming data pipelines that process terabytes of data daily and support all of the analytics, business intelligence, data science and reporting data needs across the organization.
Peloton is a cloud first engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in AWS leveraging EMR, AWS Glue, S3, Spark. You will be interacting with many business teams including marketing, sales, supply chain, logistics, finance and partner to scale Peloton’s data infrastructure for future strategic needs.
- Build out and oversee all Data infrastructure and processes, including data governance and data integrity approaches.
- Understand and manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Product, etc. Develop the vision and strategy to provide short term and long term data solutions to business challenges.
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the data roadmap and strategic vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, and data management.
- Lead and help build a team of high performing data engineers, architects, and analysts.
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural design patterns and best practices.
- Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Design best practices for big data processing, data modeling and warehouse development throughout the company. Design best practices for big data processing throughout the company.
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) and make technology make sense to them. Then turn around and do it the other way.
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around data engineering, building a data warehouse, data marts, and data pipelines.
- Experience partnering with business teams to architect and strategize technology and data roadmap.
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals.
- Experience developing large data processing pipelines on Apache Spark.
- Experience with Python or Java programming languages.
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL for various reporting and transformation needs.
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.