Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role - Instructional Designer for Customer Education
This position is perfect for a person that has a passion for creating training materials that engage, excite, and motivate the audience! You are skilled at incorporating instructional design and development expertise using innovative technology to produce leading learning experiences. You have a keen eye for converting learning objectives into simulations, online courses, webinars, exams, assessments, and virtual and live classes to meet program objectives. You are comfortable managing multiple, fast-paced projects in a collaborative, dynamic environment with a passionate extended team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Design, create, and publish training content for our customers
- Create engaging trainings that follow adult learning methodology that will live in our LMS by partnering closely with cross functional SMEs across the business
- Understand current learning needs and gaps
- Research, recommend, design, and implement training and development initiatives
- Design learning objectives and knowledge checks for content mastery, such as traditional quizzes, hands-on exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games
- Design blended learning solutions that maximize learning efficiency
- Drive, track, and manage learning content development projects within required timeline
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 3+ years experience developing learning content using adult learning methodology with at least half of that time spent working on technical training projects
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and accurately and then make complicated tasks seem easy
- Experience building interactive or video learning content using tools like Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience building instructional aids, such as instructor guides and other resource materials
- Experience independently managing projects end-to-end using the ADDIE or SAM models
- Experience partnering with SMEs to source and evaluate learning content
- Engaging in-person and virtual training presence
- LMS administration experience
- Experience working in a startup environment, particularly in a SaaS setting
- Experience in customer facing training
- Audio recording and voiceover experience
- Educational background in adult learning methodology, such as:
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field, or
- Industry certifications, such as CPLP, APTD, CPT, CDT
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: