Design Director at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Design Director, your job is to evolve Zocdoc’s brand expression. You’ll lead efforts across multiple channels and touchpoints, including photo and video shoots, guidelines, digital product, web, social and printed collateral.
Key partner teams include acquisition and brand marketing, plus product design. You’ll work with our creative director, project manager and designers to collaborate, build relationships and hone briefs with partner teams. In short, you’ll play an integral role in evolving our look, tone, and feel as a brand. You’ll help tell our story, and give power back to the patient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are excited about evolving a brand’s expression across touchpoints
- Embrace fast-paced, collaborative teams
- Are able to see, define and evolve creative possibilities across a brand
- Think strategically, and consider your audience
- Have strong opinions that are loosely held
- Debate, discuss, ask questions, and state your case across teams in order to bring more specificity to project goals
- Ask questions early and often
- Love shipping work and subscribe to the idea that “done is beautiful”
Your day-to-day is…
- Shaping a variety of high-quality visual assets and brand design systems to support Zocdoc’s communications across a variety of media, like photography, illustration, animation and responsive web design; plus channels, like digital product, social, email, presentations and collateral
- Taking full responsibility for creative projects from concept to final execution and production
- Owning relationships with our partners on the Product Design, Brand Marketing, Acquisition, Enterprise, Product Marketing, and Content teams to help expand our business and evolve the Zocdoc brand
- Presenting work across the company and communicating clearly and effectively across teams
- Managing and giving constructive creative feedback to both internal and external project teams and contributors
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Owning a combination of self-driven and collaborative projects
- Working on the Creative team, within the Marketing and Brand side of Zocdoc
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A varied and robust portfolio of past work indicating your qualifications in branding and design with projects you’ve shaped and led
- 8–10 years of relevant, multi-disciplinary design and art direction experience on an in-house creative team and/or within a creative agency
- At least 5 years of experience collaborating with and art directing photographers, illustrators, and animators to bring concepts to life
- At least 4 years managing and mentoring designers
- An extreme attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma
- Passion for building diverse and inclusive teams, design, and customer experiences
- Familiarity with product design and engineering process a plus
- Animation, digital product design, and/or writing abilities a plus
- Experience with applicable software, like After Effects a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.