See all jobs
Design really matters at Frame.io. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye and user-first mentality to lead our team to continually elevate our innovative and intuitive UX.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
This is an opportunity for a creative manager with excellent aesthetic judgment to guide a team to do their best work possible. You’ll help not only lead the Frame.io experience but inspire and elevate the team by helping them produce work that is always raising the bar and taking a user experience first approach to solving problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our product.
- 6+ years of experience in fast-paced creative environments. 2+ years managing a design team.
- Experience leading a team of designers to create and ship industry-leading user-first innovative experiences.
- Ability to create and communicate user experience goals, priorities, and deliverables that align with product milestones, coordinate multiple projects to completion, and drive adoption of user experience practices.
- A compelling portfolio of work from teams you have led that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story of the process of how you led the team to success.
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Experience with creating, maintaining and evangelizing proper logistical frameworks that smooth and enhance creative team workflows.
- General knowledge of video editing tools. Hands-on experience with collaborative tools like Figma, Airtable, Quip, Notion, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the team has a high bar for craft and systematic thinking.
- Advocate for the needs of the design team with cross-functional stakeholders and facilitate alignment on tradeoffs based on time and resource constraints.
- Drive the team to design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Develop a deep understanding of each member of the design team, build trusted relationships and guide and inspire them to do the best work possible.
- Guide the team to define user experiences, interactions, and user interfaces through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, prototypes, visual design, and robust spec documents.
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways.
- Help maintain visual, experience and brand consistency between all products and outlets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into unique product experiences.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.