HomeAdvisor is building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously un-solved problems.
We are looking for ambitious Designers at all levels. Highly successful Designers at HomeAdvisor are:
- End-to-end strategic thinkers
Our Designers are hands-on in every phase of a project lifecycle, from early strategy and concepting, through customer research, detailed design, launch, and optimization. They have deep knowledge in a variety of design disciplines: user experience, user interface design, front-end coding, branding, and visual design.
We value creative exploration, iteration, and attention to detail. Designing our service requires an intimate understanding of our diverse users—achieved through continuous research and testing—and close collaboration with many disciplines inside our organization.
What you’ll do:
- Design, prototype, and launch great digital experiences that are functional, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Create concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes that support our mission
- Make design decisions with a deep understanding of our entire end-to-end service and customers
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform your point of view
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our visual language, framework, style guide and design process
- Work alongside Product Managers and business owners to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
Skills and experience for success:
- 2-3 years designing experiences on mobile and web
- Experience working cross functionally to design & ship products
- A portfolio of personal or professional projects you’ve designed and helped ship
- Understanding of and a passion for user-centered design principles
- Driven, able to adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product.