Designer - Women's Performance Apparel at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton is seeking a Designer of Women’s Performance Apparel to join our team in New York City.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the daily functions of the Women’s apparel design department from the initial concepts, research, and development, through to line completion and production.
The Designer of Women’s Performance Apparel will work in tandem with the Director of Apparel Design, Apparel Design, Technical Design, Merchandising, Production and Product Development teams.
- Develop and execute a strategic vision of women’s performance apparel with a member-centric approach
- Ensure designs meet line/SKU plan requirements, assortment strategies, costing structures and overall creative direction while following Peloton brand, design, and quality standards
- Sketch all new performance silhouettes and research and test innovative construction techniques
- Attend and participate in all fit sessions with Tech Design and Product Development teams
- Communicate daily with vendor partners (overseas & domestic) to share direction of line development
- Create and maintain design boards and presentation materials (both digital and physical)
- Prepare and deliver inspiring and directional design presentations that sell ideas effectively
- Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs in PLM system
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Production, Tech Design, etc.,) to develop strong working relationships and team collaboration
- Collaborate with Product Development team to achieve balance of design intent and functional requirements during sampling and development stage
- Regularly research trends, competitor product assortments and brand relevant concepts; determine action necessary to address competitive challenges as relevant to brand direction
- Independently manage a system of innovation and development as related to category
- Oversee the approval of lab dips, strike-offs and all other development-related materials & submits
- Adhere to development calendar to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs
- 7+ years of experience in apparel design and development, active/performance market required
- Proven working knowledge of bra construction, molded cup development, and how to innovate and engineer different levels of support
- Strong understanding of performance knit fabrics with various compression levels, bonding & seam sealing techniques, laser cutting, print applications and various uses of interlinings/fusible
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong time management and communication skills
- -Practice open and fluid communication to keep others informed while effectively presenting information in a clear, concise, and solutions-oriented manner
- Critical thinker who adds creative value to process and opens cross-functional discussions to ensure the best ideas come to life
- A collaborative all-star who excels in a diverse and inclusive work culture
- A self-starter who possesses the ability to navigate ambiguous situations and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite and fashion-related PLM systems
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.