Director of Product Design (Patient Journey) at Ro
What You’ll Do:
- You'll collaborate with counterparts from the Tech Org (Product Design, Product, Engineering and Data) to define vision, strategy and design objectives using the needs of our patients as a north star.
- You'll play a prominent role in moving from strategy to execution, as well as serving as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process. In addition to continuous improvement of existing systems and services, you'll help launch new and innovative health care experiences cross platform (web, app).
- You’ll lead by example. You’ll bring a strong leadership to influence and inspire Product Designers to push boundaries to achieve excellence in delivering exceptional patient experience.
- You’ll take a holistic approach understanding our patient’s needs - various levels of JTBDs and their problems- in great depth across different conditions.
- You'll build and scale a high performing Product Design team at Ro, both by hiring and developing the existing team. You'll build upon our 3+ years of established design culture: first by understanding the whys and hows of our operation, our mission, and our values, then by adding your perspective and creating a space for others to continually share their own.
- You'll work with other Directors of Product Design to prioritize and guide Design and Tech Org initiatives—such our design systems, and our dedication to accessibility—and drive them towards meaningful milestones.
- You'll foster cross-functional relationships with teams outside the Tech Org, including Medical, Medical Operations, Care, Legal, and others.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 7+ years of product design experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of product designers, ideally in high growth environments
- Strong portfolio showing a successful track record of building and implementing thoughtful, high-quality, strategic, and scalable products on B2C platforms, and across web and native apps.
- Embodies our Ro values—is insatiably Curious, Effective, Relentless, Empathetic, and Magical
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- Experience working on rapid release cycle environment and partnered with product managers and engineering teams to define and ship features quickly
- Strategic thinking that looks for design efficiencies that balance engineering and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of design
- Fluency in modern web technologies and understand the fundamentals of front-end development
- An obsession with details and have great visual design skills
- Empathy towards not only to end users but to team you are working with
- Experience with Figma and front-end programming