Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a hands-on Director of Product Design to join our Product Design team. You will contribute to the future of Latch’s experiences through the design of mobile and web interfaces, collaborating cross-functionally to help bring our collective design vision to life. As we continue to grow our Design team, you will help lead other product designers, providing direction and guidance for their output, as well as stewarding best practices in cross-functional partnerships and design processes. This person will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy for our core software products, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. As a Director of Product Design, you’ll also provide design mentorship and be a champion for both craft and career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help designers focus on executing their best work.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. LatchOS is a full-building operating system of software, products, and services designed to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to shape the future of smart buildings.
- Push the boundaries of the possible through exceptional UX/UI design and new conceptual ideas. Be able to explore divergent concepts and help create a design vision for the Product team
- Represent the Product Design team in daily Product meetings, showcasing design work with a high level of polish, with an understanding of how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, and email
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Increase productivity and accelerate team efficiency by helping to continually improve processes and workflows for both Product Design and cross functional teams
- Manage, mentor and inspire a growing team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of design work
- Hire and retain top talent, focusing on attracting designers from various backgrounds and perspectives
- 10+ years of experience working in digital product design and interaction design
- 2-3 years experience in management of design teams
- Experience in a hybrid role, tackling both UX and UI aspects of product design
- Experience in product strategy. Experience in connected products is a plus
- Must have high level of proficiency in Sketch, bonus if experienced with Abstract. We also use Adobe Creative Cloud and multiple prototyping tools (i.e. Hype Pro)
- Extensive knowledge of design systems best practices and modern design tools
- A deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes, including journey mapping, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and interface design
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your product over time
- Extensive experience designing, building, and shipping finished products
- A portfolio featuring interaction and visual design work
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy-in for our team’s ideas
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice