Instructional Designer & Trainer at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer & Trainer to join our operations team. This role is responsible for building out a training curriculum for our operations representatives to assist both B2C and B2B inquiries. We are looking for someone who has experience in hybrid instructional design & facilitation, a passion for adult learning theory, and wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and execute on-brand, engaging and measurable hybrid training curriculum for our team of reps who handle both B2B and B2C inquiries; envision comprehensive learning experiences that drive targeted outcomes
- Create innovative training content, including but not limited to eLearning modules, instructor-led materials (visuals, facilitator guides, etc.), step-by-step tutorials, voiceovers, graphics, etc. that caters to various learning styles
- Incorporate interactive activities that enhance learning and increase knowledge retention, such as sample scenarios, role-playing, worksheets, group discussions, quizzes, etc.
- Assess and report on effectiveness of materials and overall ROI by collecting and analyzing various data points, continue to iterate on future training sessions as needed
- Work with subject matter experts to craft a curriculum that drives towards the achievement of KPIs per specific business area
- Maintain internal project management tools to track and show progress on materials in development
- Manage the upkeep, review and refresh of existing curriculum and related materials, as needed
- Stay up-to-date on the latest instructional design trends and innovations, incorporate where applicable
- 2-3 years experience in instructional design, specifically building hybrid learning experiences (eLearning + Instructor-led) using various authoring tools
- 2 years experience in training facilitation
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably within education, communication, or related area)
- Must have experience creating learning materials for a customer support team
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design models, training evaluation methods, etc.
- Must possess basic video production/editing skills, basic visual creation skills
- Experience designing and delivering creative, effective, targeted knowledge experiences
- Strives to optimize participant performance through material output
- Organized multi-tasker with strong project management skills
- Possesses a love of learning, aims to inspire the same in others by providing outside-the-box learning experiences
- Strong communication, research, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with LMS, eLearning authoring tools, people management tools required
- Experience with Northpass LMS, Articulate360, or BambooHR
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.